SUBMISSIONS: OPEN YEAR ROUND
January 15, 2010
April 15, 2010
AWARD ANNOUNCEMENTS: 15 days after deadline.
NEXT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 15, 2010
TELUS presents SHORTSNONSTOP, an initiative of the Canadian Film Centre’s Worldwide Short Film Festival. SHORTSNONSTOP is a year round online mobile film festival that you can experience anytime or anyplace.
In each award period, 10 finalists will be selected. These top 10 films will be promoted and distributed on a one year only exclusive basis in Canada throughout TELUS' mobile networks. From the Top 10, one winner will be selected and awarded a cash prize of $1500. Furthermore, the 6 annual winners will be considered to screen as part of the pre-screening presentation at the 2009 Worldwide Short Film Festival.
All categories and genres of short film are accepted, including drama, comedy, animation, horror, sci-fi, documentary, experimental and music videos.
* All intellectual property (copyright, music, trademarks, logos, etc) must be cleared
* English or no dialogue only
* Running time no more than 3 minutes
* Any country of origin acceptable
* Completed since January 1, 2005
* Exclusive Canadian mobile distribution rights must be available for one year only
* Previous short film festival screenings acceptable
* No porn, no extreme violence
* Must be copyright cleared
The Festival programmers will view all submissions and select the top 10 finalists. A Jury will select award winners. Decisions of the programmers and Jury are final.
Participants will be notified via email, please ensure that you provide a working email address.
TELUS, the presenting sponsor of SHORTSNONSTOP will retain exclusive Canadian mobile rights, and non-exclusive online rights, including IPTV to the top 10 films submitted to SHORTSNONSTOP for a period of one year.